SHUTDOWN INFORMATION FROM CIFCU
December 29, 2018
With the federal government shutdown, please know that your Credit Union will be here for you.
AS OF MONDAY, DECEMBER 31st, THE MAIN OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED & MEMBERS WILL FIND US AT OUR NIOSH BRANCH LOCATIONS.
NORMAL HOURS AT THE NIOSH BRANCH OFFICES ARE:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday @ Taft 9:00AM to 1:00PM (513/871-1599)
Tuesday, Thursday @ Hamilton 9:00AM to 1:00PM (513/631-0404)
THE CREDIT UNION WILL CONTINUE TO PROCESS ELECTRONIC AND CHECK/SHAREDRAFT TRANSACTIONS AND OUR TEAM WILL CONTINUE TO RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTIONS THROUGHOUT THE SHUTDOWN. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Please make note of the following information.
- All transactions will take place by phone, e-mail, online, mail, debit card, or credit card.
- Phone Please leave a message at the branch numbers shown above
- Website www.cifcu.org
- Visa credit card 800/325-3678
- Address CIFCU 26 West ML King Drive, G4 Cincinnati, OH 45220
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shared Branching – Credit Unions realized many moons ago that they couldn’t afford a branch on every corner so instead they created a secure network connection. This means that the members of participating Credit Unions, including CIFCU, can go to other participating Credit Unions to do transactions. You will need a picture ID/driver’s license AND your CIFCU account number. Not everything can be done this way but most usual transactions won’t be a problem. See the “Shared Branch Locator” tab on our home page (www.cifcu.org) for a branch that’s convenient for you. (RE: Being “cooperatives,” part of the deal is that the other Credit Union you go to cannot pressure you into joining their Credit Union.)
- Don’t forget we also have the CIFCU MOBILE APP and TEXT BANKING!
- We also have mobile apps to monitor activity on your Debit/Mastercard (“My Mobile Money-Elan” in the app stores) and Credit/Visa (“SecurLock Equip” in the app stores).
- Deposits to your savings or checking accounts may be made using your debit card at an ATM machine. Look for machines with the “FastBank” logo. You may also use your debit card at an ATM to transfer money from savings to checking and vice versa.
- As always you can use your debit card to get cash at an ATM or for point of sale purchases at a store. For surcharge free withdrawals look for machines with the Alliance One or MoneyPass logos. You can find one closest to you by going to our website (www.cifcu.org)
- All checks you write on your CIFCU account will continue to be processed. The same is true for automated/ACH direct deposits (except some Federal payrolls affected by the shutdown) and withdrawals.
- If you need information about your Visa credit card, you may call 800/322-8472, visit the website of www.ezcardinfo.com, or sign in to online banking (scroll down to bottom of account list, click on “Visa Sweep 4209,” then click on “Manage This Card.”) Remember, you may use your Visa card to get a cash advance (with NO cash advance fee) at many local ATM machines or other financial institutions. (You’ll need your PIN to do so.)
- We encourage you to be sure that your list of passwords for phone, online access and debit cards are up to date. We also encourage you to be sure that the Credit Union has your current contact information on file. To receive e-mail updates, please be sure the e-mail address we have on file is for your home – not at EPA or NIOSH. YOU can update your e-mail using online banking (www.cifcu.org, Info Center, My Personal Information)
- If you will be traveling out of the area in the next few weeks, now would be a good time to let us know so that we can put a travel message on your debit and/or credit card profiles for security purposes.
- If you think you might need an increase in your overdraft line of credit or your Visa credit card, we will process your request as quickly as possible.
- Please note that if the shutdown should last for more than three days, the CIFCU’s Board of Directors has put together a plan to offer you assistance. Furlough Options include skip-a-payment for loans (at a reduced fee; terms & conditions apply) as well as furlough loans.
As always, thank you for being a member of CIFCU. We also thank you for your cooperation and patience. We will be here to help you through this stressful time.